CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 05, 2008


Navratri or the Festival of Nine Nights from Ashvin Sud 1 to 9 is devoted to the propitiation of Shakti or Divine Mother. She represents prakriti, responsible for creation of the world according to the religious ideology of Goddess worship.

There are two interesting legends or epics associated with the history of Navratri and celebrated across the country with great reverence and faith taking on different names and idols.

Battle of good over evil

so tomorrow starts navratri....the festival of nine days.this year,I've decided to fast all nine days...meaning only fruits,milk etc.no grains or such derived products and no SALT!which is the hardest part for me....also this year I've resolved to keep my hot temper down...way down no matter hw much I'm goaded,or provoked...this year,I'm getting some semblance of peace out of navratri.and some detox as well.and a lot of blessings.lets hope all goes well!

0 lost souls found themselves in my mirror....: